Monday 25 January 2010

Canon 5D MK II video test

Ok, so I've spent the last few month's getting to grips using the Canon 5D MK II primarily as a camera and never really invested much time into looking into the video to huge regret.

When in Les Arcs 2000 last week on a snowboarding holiday I finally got round to having a look in to the video modes and I was hugely impressed with the outcomes of what the camera can produce.

I have to admit it was difficult to hold the camera in a practical way that allows me to film in a comfortable and user-friendly way because obviously the main functionality of the camera is to take photos instead of film, but after getting to grips of filming in a new way the results outweigh these teething problems.

I never invested too much time on the holiday filming overcomplicated shots to level which we do at work using the Sony 450's, but I hope the visual results speak for itself. Click through to Youtube for the full 1080p version.



I think when I get to grips on holding the camera in a better and more resourceful way this camera will allow me to get some amazing footage and will open up some really good opportunities to be creative with the lenses I have.

I've already invested a tiny amount of time into researching shoulder mounts for the camera, so I can really push the usability and functionality of my camera to the max in the future.

The main problem I think I'll face in the future is the trade off between photo or video.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment